The new panels for Dotty came in the mail today. I just could not wait to fit them on the module. It seems a very good fit just a tent of milometers off. The buttons jacks and led matrix fits a lot better this time. This was a small run of five panels. Beta testers will receive a new one in the mail.
Now it’s back to testing the code and the module. My number 5 and 6 buttons don’t seem to work anymore so lets see what causing that.
Well I have been doing some work on Dotty the last few days. Fixed a few bug a found some new ones. Fixed those to and now I have a beta version of a working Trigger Sequencer.
It takes a internal or external clock. This part had a bug so I have to breadboard/redesign it. Volume drops don’t appear any more. Most function are written in code, but not all. Still want to make a menu for clock settings and general settings. So still a lot of coding to do and a little PCB redesign but I’m getting there.
Last weekend I have been playing with Dotty. Did a one hour session for friends and Dotty came thru. I didn’t even finished all the soldering. Left off the last three buttons, might be these will be lock version where all other buttons are non locked. Still thinking about that and the function I want to code for Dotty. Button caps didn’t arrive before the weekend, but I had to play with Dotty. Dotty does have a few bugs but certainly playable.
I have been working with my first prototype of Dotty. Learned a lot and this weekend ordered new pcb boards. I dropped the TL074 from the design. These where there to drive led’s on output triggers and possibility to add some extra punch to the triggers.
The new prototype made with 2 pcb’s, a controll and a brains. I made the controls a little bit bigger for the buttoncaps to fit. I’m planning on using some big cap, the space between the buttons on prototype one wasn’t large enough. Let’s hope these new boards didn’t introduce new errors. Will have to wait and see.
Meanwhile the code is coming along, still a lot of work to do.
Well this week the Dotty prototype boards where in the mailbox. I was quite happy to see the boards, at first glance it all look fine. But will the boards fit together, did I make any mistakes. Let’s start soldering.
Lately I’ve been get more questions about this module. The github repro has some basic information but not the whole story. Here is the background on the module, some insights and some help to make you build one yourself.