This week the new boards for LittleBen came in. I just could not wait to build one but had little time to do so. Until today I found a little hour to solder one. The new boards have seem to fixed all the issues the previous had. The buttons fit the panel and no wires needed to make it run. I did had to do a little coding, some button de bouncing and this rotary goes the other way.
But it working without any issues. Have been testing it with my supersixteen sequencer and all looks good so will be putting them up in the shop. The code will be on Github as open source. I’m still thinking about releasing the files for the PCB’s but it would be nice to at least get some of the R&D cost back before I do.
today I installed a web shop plugin on the website. I’m not a store just a private person with a hobby. I mainly installed it to make it more comfortable then ordering left over PCB’s by email.
I have tested the shop. Costing me some money. Ideal payments gave me a error and I’m still waiting on delivery of the money (back or forward). don’t know where it is right now. Hopefully it gets back or thru. PayPal payments do seem to work.
Not all places have been added to the shipping list. So if your country is missing please let me know and will add it as soon as possible. If you have any problems or feedback on the store please let me know in the comments or by email.
The code is working and making progress again. It is time to fix some minor errors on the pcb’s. Mainly the buttons came out to high for the panel to fit and some other minor issues. Last week I fixed these issues and ordered new pcb’s. Hope to receive them in two or three weeks. Didn’t make a new panel yet so that is still on the todo list. Will see if the new pcb’s fit better before starting that job.
Well I got frustrated by the bug in the Dotty code. I started something a new project to take my mind of it for awhile. The Dotty bug has been solved and is starting to get my attention back. But this other project was ordered and on it way to me in the mail. Yesterday it arrived.
This new thing I call LittleBen. It has one simple task and that’s to be the master clock.
Last few weeks I have been hunting a bug in Dotty’s code. And sometimes I have the joy of finding a bug after a few hours and solve it. But this one keeps on coming back. And it’s starting to get frustrated. I’m quite sure it isn’t hardware related so it must be the code.
It’s been some time since I posted about Dotty, building a module or other things. After building lots of modules I thought I had some problems with my rack. Things didn’t feel right, a wobbling bass drum, compressor leds slowly blinking and some other stuff.
Well my feelings were right and it was all about power. So my time and efforts went it to solving this wobble.
Yesterday I recieved some pictures of another NanoGrids build. Time to make a gallery of pictures. If you have build a NanoGrids and want to show of your build please send me some pictures and I will add them to the list.