It’s been awhile since my last post here. I have been busy with other things then my modular. I was working on building a shed to use as a music studio. While build this the weather was not on my side. And some health problems came back. After a few days in the hospital, doctor advice was to take it easy and slow down for awhile.
I’m doing better now but still have to be careful with my hearth. Being as bad as it is it also has some upsides. I starting to get some time for modular again.
I going to preform for some friends this weekend. We might even stream it online. I hope to at least get the recording of it. The date will be 9 December around 8am (GMT+1 Amsterdam time). Tune in at https://www.twitch.tv/wereoutthere
Also keep a eye out on some new modules here before the end of the year.
So PCB’s and panels came in I could not wait to test them. All seems fine now. The spacing is much better it handles great and sounds excellent.
I’m going to test a few different vactrols. I used some home made in this build and going to try some factory made and different resistor values. The sound and the pots handling seem to be very much effected by the type and value of the vactrol. When testing is done I might Ada full and partial kits to the shop.
But back in store now the new Sidechain (revision 2)
I temporary removed the sidechain module from the shop. New front pcb’s and panels are on there way. The back part is fine but I not quite happy with the front. Costumers whom bought the module will be getting these pcb/panel for free when they arrive.
So if you looking for a sidechain module please hold on they will arrive soon
I just finished the sidechain module and did some testing. This is the second revision I ordered. Am I happy with it? yes and no.
I build the previous version with the cheapest potentiometers I got in my drawers. These sometimes are called trimmer potentiometers. They have a plastic shaft and fit the small knobs. It look good on the module but the footprint of the PCB didn’t fit the mounting legs.
No problem this will be solved when using the Alpha potentiometers like I normally do, I thought.
I build the second revision with Alpha pots and put on the davies knobs. But then it was visible, ergonomics isn’t that great. It does fit but the knobs are quite close to each other.
The module does work, sound good and all the pots are turning the correct way. I am happy with that the technical part functions fine.
So I searched my drawer for a solution with the pots. I ended up ordering some T18 pots and small knobs from thonk. These will arrive in a few weeks. These should have the correct footprint and mounting legs. But I didn’t have them in stock so have to wait and find out. I am guessing most people don’t stock those so I need a better solution, revision 3
I did add the module to the shop and offering it at a great discount. Just because I know I going to work on revision 3 to fix this minor issue. I quite annoyed I didn’t spot this earlier. But that is part of designing modules. Most time it takes a few revisions.
So if you can life with this minor issue and can not wait to get your hands on a cheap sidechaining module, this is your chance. I offering them a big discount and free for orders over 25 euros. You can add it to the cart on checkout, it will display when the cart goes over 25.
The doorbell rang today and there was the mailman with a package. The side-chain I posted earlier new revision was in the packages. So I just can not wait to build and test it. Hopefully I don’t have to make another revision. If everything is alright it will be in the shop this weekend or next week or so. Just hope to find the time to build it.
After some good feedback on the blank panel there where also some new designs in the packages. These will be added to the shop soon. A fingerprint design, a second noise and a line design that also adds a few more hp versions to choose from.
Just to let you know I working on a sidechain module. The first PCB run is done and it seems quite OK. I found a few minor problems with it. Again a potentiometer was reversed, that seems to happen to me all the time. And a few values need adjustment to my taste.
Next PCB is in the making hopefully the final run. When done it will be in the shop. So here’s a teaser and keep watching this site for a release soon.
It’s been awhile since I released a new module. But could not wait to present this one. This year a more modules will follow. Including new panel layouts to give my module a more uniform look and feel. The first in this range is a logic module based on the design by Kristian Blåsol.
This module can have different function based on the chip you install with it. Check out Kristian videos for a lot more info.
Well it’s been a long run. This domain has been registered since 2003. Now 20 years later i am switching providers. My old provider was Vevida. I was quite happy with them we had a good relationship and support was great.
But Vevida has been taken over by Yourhosting. I know them from past experience and wasn’t really happy with them but I gave them a change. This change has run out. I feel support isn’t what I’m used to have. My website back end is slow as…$@$#$ and I hope the front end is OK for everybody. But you can not run a website on hope.
So after 20 years it is time to part ways. I am in contact with support to make this breakup happening, I hope it isn’t a divorce where parties start fighting.
I backing up all files and database and will start the progress of moving. I hope you will not notice any outage but if that happens know what is going on and I will be back a soon as possible.