The code is working and making progress again. It is time to fix some minor errors on the pcb’s. Mainly the buttons came out to high for the panel to fit and some other minor issues. Last week I fixed these issues and ordered new pcb’s. Hope to receive them in two or three weeks. Didn’t make a new panel yet so that is still on the todo list. Will see if the new pcb’s fit better before starting that job.
Last few weeks I have been hunting a bug in Dotty’s code. And sometimes I have the joy of finding a bug after a few hours and solve it. But this one keeps on coming back. And it’s starting to get frustrated. I’m quite sure it isn’t hardware related so it must be the code.Continue reading “Dotty: The code is/was buggy”
Dotty linked to Weston BD1 on track one for the bassdrum. Track two and eight are linked to the Mutant Hihats. Just setting some steps. Using presets and skipping between track parts.
With version 1.4 I have a working prototype with a panel. These make mounting it in a case possible. There are still some minor issues I want to fix before releasing it to the public. I build Dotty so I know what to expect. But I would be nice to have some feedback.
This topic is mainly for those whom received or are going to receive a 1.4 prototype version. I hope It helps with the build and explain some of the features. If you haven’t received a Dotty but curious on what it can do, keep on reading.Continue reading “Dotty: 1.4 Overview, Features, BOM”
This weekend finally the new backboard and panel arrived. Been waiting for these whole week. Could not wait to start building it in the hope I finalized all mistakes. I didn’t make a new front pcb cause I think everything is correct on that one.
(I can reveal that Dotty is working and in a phase where I’m looking for Beta Testers. Got 3 PCB’s left so if you are interested, contact me.)Continue reading “Dotty: Building v0.04 are we done ?”
Yesterday I finished the designing of the first panel. Today it got excepted by JLC. So I’m hoping to have new back pcb’s and panel in the next two weeks. The panels are the first version for dotty and I did some moving of headers. So I hope all will line up and it will fit. But will have to see when the pcb’s arrive
Bigger picture after the read moreContinue reading “Dotty: A new back pcb and first panel”
The button caps for Dotty finally arrived. It’s still the prototype 3. But I just had to make a picture of it (read more)Continue reading “Dotty: Button Caps final came in”
This weekend the boards version 3 came in the mail. I did some work on the clock input and added a clock output. The output still has to be written in code but the pcb now supports this. The boards only had two minor mistake so a four revision is probably needed, but it’s a full working sequencer now and it’s starting to look like a finalized product.Continue reading “Dotty: Prototype 3 it’s become a trigger sequencer”
Well I have been doing some work on Dotty the last few days. Fixed a few bug a found some new ones. Fixed those to and now I have a beta version of a working Trigger Sequencer.
It takes a internal or external clock. This part had a bug so I have to breadboard/redesign it. Volume drops don’t appear any more. Most function are written in code, but not all. Still want to make a menu for clock settings and general settings. So still a lot of coding to do and a little PCB redesign but I’m getting there.
Last weekend I have been playing with Dotty. Did a one hour session for friends and Dotty came thru. I didn’t even finished all the soldering. Left off the last three buttons, might be these will be lock version where all other buttons are non locked. Still thinking about that and the function I want to code for Dotty. Button caps didn’t arrive before the weekend, but I had to play with Dotty. Dotty does have a few bugs but certainly playable.Continue reading “Dotty: Progress on proto v2”