Last weekend I have been playing with Dotty. Did a one hour session for friends and Dotty came thru. I didn’t even finished all the soldering. Left off the last three buttons, might be these will be lock version where all other buttons are non locked. Still thinking about that and the function I want to code for Dotty. Button caps didn’t arrive before the weekend, but I had to play with Dotty. Dotty does have a few bugs but certainly playable.Continue reading “Dotty: Progress on proto v2”
I have been working with my first prototype of Dotty. Learned a lot and this weekend ordered new pcb boards. I dropped the TL074 from the design. These where there to drive led’s on output triggers and possibility to add some extra punch to the triggers.
The new prototype made with 2 pcb’s, a controll and a brains. I made the controls a little bit bigger for the buttoncaps to fit. I’m planning on using some big cap, the space between the buttons on prototype one wasn’t large enough. Let’s hope these new boards didn’t introduce new errors. Will have to wait and see.
Meanwhile the code is coming along, still a lot of work to do.
Well this week the Dotty prototype boards where in the mailbox. I was quite happy to see the boards, at first glance it all look fine. But will the boards fit together, did I make any mistakes. Let’s start soldering.Continue reading “Dotty: Boards are in the mailbox”